[Haskell-cafe] library for drawing charts

Tim Docker twd2 at dockerz.net
Sun May 25 22:09:36 EDT 2008

Peter wrote:
> Has anyone got some code for drawing charts? I don't mean
> graphs of functions, ala
>
> http://dockerz.net/twd/HaskellCharts
> I would like something that can generate PNGs in memory, i.e. not
> directly to a file.

The library at the above URL supports a range of backends through the
(nice to use) cairo graphics API. In memory images are supported. Also,
it's by no means just graphs of functions - that just happens to be
several of the demos.

> I'd like 2D pie charts, bar charts and something like a google-o-meter.

An the moment it does line charts and a few variants of these. I'll add
pie and bar charts when I need them - patches in the meantime gratefully
accepted.

Tim