[Haskell-cafe] Data.Tree.Zipper in the standard libraries

Krasimir Angelov kr.angelov at gmail.com
Sat May 24 02:50:18 EDT 2008

An updated Zipper version is uploaded here:

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/User_talk:Kr.angelov

It doesn't use State monad anymore and it returns Maybe. This seems to
be the common preference, is it? Feel free to vote against. Should we
change Data.Map also? There is another proposal for changes in
findMin/findMax so it is better to make this two breaking changes
together rather than in a later release.

It also allows to pass whole new subtree in insert{Left/Right/Down}.