[Haskell-cafe] Data.Tree.Zipper in the standard libraries

Krasimir Angelov kr.angelov at gmail.com
Fri May 23 07:42:27 EDT 2008

That is annoying. I remember that there were people arguing that Monad
should be used instead of Maybe but I don't remember the reasons.
Personaly I feel quite happy with Maybe and I am using it in my own
code. There should be a consistent approach in the different libraries
or at least in a single package like "containers".

While googling for Zipper I also found this article:

http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/hinze01web.html

Is this better alternative to Zipper? Have someone better experience with it?

Regards,
  Krasimir