[Haskell-cafe] Re: Network.CGI and error handling

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Thu May 22 18:08:18 EDT 2008

Ketil Malde <ketil at malde.org> writes:

> Since Björn Bringert suggested (on IRC) the problem could be due to
> laziness [..] Does anybody else have it working?

I found that other person, and he is us.  I played around some more,
and thought -- just to not leave any stone unturned -- that I should
try it on a different web server.  So, I moved my CGIs over, and lo
and behold, the strict version suddenly works!

I therefore would like to apologize for any insinuation I may have
perpetrated that could be taken to imply that Network.CGI possesses
any feature of less than desirable merit¹.  As usual, it's some C
program that is to blame :-)

-k

¹ I'm tempted to suggest that "output" should be strict in its
argument, but I shall refrain.