[Haskell-cafe] Return user state in Parsec

Maciej Podgurski maciej.podgurski at googlemail.com
Wed May 21 12:43:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm currently writing a parser using the Parsec library. What I want is
to store the order of each subparser called in a user state. So every
single parser will be marked with a label that is stored in a special
treelike structure when the parser is run.

My problem is to return the last state of this structure when a parse
error occurred. This information shall be used to display a kind of
stack trace showing the order of the parser calls for debug purposes.
Any ideas how to achieve this?

Thanks,
Maciej