[Haskell-cafe] ByteString.pack behavior

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Tue May 20 09:44:24 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 9:44 PM, Antoine Latter <aslatter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like fun.  Neither the error messages nor the code will be pretty.
>
> Are we just interested in the Data.Int types and the Data.Word types?

It's up on hackage here:
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/checked

I'm not sure how easy it would be to track down the error once you get
it, but I suppose knowing is better than not knowing.

I haven't made any attempt towards making the bounds-checking cheap,
so this isn't a solution for deploying an application which needs fast
integer operations with bounds checking.  This is more for testing or
verification.

Let me know if you find this useful, or if you think it needs any work.

-Antoine