[Haskell-cafe] Re: ghc on Ubuntu Linux?

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun May 18 17:21:59 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 22:49 +0200, Josef Svenningsson wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 3:24 AM, Galchin, Vasili <vigalchin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Josef,
> >
> >      What generates dist/setup-config? When I run "runhaskell Setup.hs
> > configure", nothing including dist/setup.config gets generated. ??
> >
> Ok, that sounds more alarming. Unfortunately I have no idea what could
> be the cause of this. Hopefully someone with a bit more cabal
> knowledge can help out.

We've been through it off-list. It's failing when calling ghc for the
first time but we cannot track down why.

To help in future cases I've changed the logging of calling external
programs slightly so that at the maximum verbosity level we now report
the error code that the process returned if it was non-0. That'll help
us confirm if it really was the external process failing or if it failed
sometime after that but before the next log message.

Duncan