[Haskell-cafe] Performance: MD5

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sun May 18 12:20:04 EDT 2008

Hello Ketil,

Sunday, May 18, 2008, 7:44:38 PM, you wrote:

> Anyway - with more and more aggressive caching, and ever increasing
> number of cores, it looks like C is an even poorer fit for the
> hardware than it used to be

doubling number of cores every 1.5 years, we should see 1000-core
monsters just next decade. so, i believe that next decade we will see
the next big language shift and it will be shift toward FP languages.
but Erlang still has more chances - Haskell is too complex, too
slow and not advertised as multithreading language as wide as Erlang was

just now, MS pushes F#. waiting for Sun :)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com