[Haskell-cafe] Type inference; always

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Sun May 18 12:12:46 EDT 2008

In Haskell, I sometimes have to annotate code with type info because the
type-inferer otherwise fails (even with |-XNoMonomorphismRestriction)|.
Surely, most of the time this is because I was writing buggy code, but
sometimes, type annotation just seems needed to get a successful
compilation (luckily not as often as in C# 3.0)

It seems some new papers appeared regarding this, e.g.
http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/papers/boxy

Is this work being incorporated into GHC?

Unfortunately I'm not able to read those papers, so I'm not really sure
what it means anyway and what implications (example code?) it would have ;-)

Cheers,
Peter