[Haskell-cafe] Performance: MD5

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sun May 18 11:10:07 EDT 2008

Hello Brandon,

Sunday, May 18, 2008, 6:58:34 PM, you wrote:

>> and a few lines later you repeat what i said few years ago - ghc
>> optimization research has got 100x times less attention than C++
>> optimization so we can't expect the same results in the next 5-10

> Mmm, no.  You tend to say, or at least very strongly imply, "never"
> --- *not* "5-10 years".  (Perhaps this is why you are rarely listened
> to.  Also, perhaps you need to consider how you present things, if
> that's not actually what you mean.)

we don't have ghc optimized as good as gcc. when i tell about it, you
tell that i'm not right. then you tell that ghc may be improved in
some future - you don't know exactly. and now you started to watch out
every word i say. well, i can do the same - why you sure that C
optimization was started 20 years before FP optimization? why you sure
that DPH does that i said will be never possible. please answer each
question in detail before trying to critique me. and don't forget that
we still wait from you your great strategy of optimization for C-like
performance using all those fancy DPH/6.8.2 features. or you can only
tell, and tell, and tell but never actually optimized anything?

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com