[Haskell-cafe] Fun with Darcs

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Fri May 16 14:49:48 EDT 2008

Duncan Coutts wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 01:01 +0400, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
>
>> Hello Andrew,
>>
>> Thursday, May 15, 2008, 12:49:32 AM, you wrote:
>>

>>> touch. Now, let's see what this IDE actually looks li-- oh you have GOT
>>> to be KIDDING me! It can't find the right GTK DLL?!?
>>>
>> gtk2hs includes *developer* gtk2 environment.
>>

> Which includes all the runtime dlls.
>

>>  while it should work fine (as far as it's in your path), you may try
>> to install *runtime* gtk2 environment from
>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=71914&package_id=255391
>>

> I would not recommend that. I'd use the dlls that come with gtk2hs.

Well, gmane shows that Duncan sent a second message about this - but
since I didn't receive it in my mailbox, I can't reply quoting that.
[Most irritating...]

Anyway, running Leksah today, it doesn't complaing about missing GTK
DLLs at all, so you must be right about the search path thing. [Now
instead it crashes with a completely different error.]

I built a copy of Leksah at work, and noticed that I didn't get the
issue with a missing icon, so apparently the Darcs repo must have
changed in the last few hours. (Indeed, I guess I could ask Darcs and
find out!) The copy I built at work [with GHC 6.8.1] worked just fine -
not that I could figure out how to use it. ;-)