[Haskell-cafe] Fun with Darcs

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 15 18:10:20 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 21:49 +0100, Andrew Coppin wrote:

> At this point, my best guess is that the unofficial Gtk2hs binary is
> broken somehow. [Although I don't recall hearing anybody yelling about
> it...] Maybe tomorrow I'll try again on my other box that has an older
> GHC on it and see how that goes. For tonight, I'm just too frustrated to
> continue.

Is this the "unofficial" Gtk2Hs installer you were using?

http://haskell.org/~duncan/gtk2hs/gtk2hs-0.9.12.1.exe

I've been told it works ok. If you've only just installed it then you do
need to start a new command shell because existing open shells do not
pick up the change to the environment variables.

You can double check that Gtk2Hs installed ok by cd'ing to one of the
demo directories and using ghc --make to build a demo. If then demo .exe
runs ok then the dlls are on the %PATH%. If that fails, you can double
check your user %PATH% and make sure it does have an entry that points
to the Gtk2Hs/bin dir. The Gtk2Hs installer only sets the %PATH% for the
user that ran the installer, not globally for every user.

I hope you can get it working.

Duncan