[Haskell-cafe] Re: Richer (than ascii) notation for haskell source?

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Thu May 15 03:25:47 EDT 2008

"Yitzchak Gale" <gale at sefer.org> wrote:

> Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> > Come to think of it, if you're after math notation, enough Greek
> > letters are used as symbols that it might be necessary to just
> > exclude them from use as letters.
> While I have not yet noticed anyone from Greece on this list,
> I don't think it would be appropriate for us to discriminate
> against Greek speakers as a built-in feature of Haskell.
/me shudders and tries not to remember those occasions when he read code
written in french.

It's quite akin to decompiled obfuscated Java-code, where you're left
with classes say a-j and mostly functions with the name a, discerned by

Code should be written completely in English, for practical reasons.

signature prohibited.