[Haskell-cafe] Richer (than ascii) notation for haskell source?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Wed May 14 22:40:15 EDT 2008

On 15 May 2008, at 2:34 pm, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> Hm.  Newer Unicode standard than the version supported by OSX and
> GNOME, I take it?  That's not so helpful if nobody actually supports
> the characters in question.  (My Mac claims 166CC is in an
> unassigned area, and no supplied font has the others.  It does at
> least acknowledge that the others should exist and are "letters".)

Whoops.  Sorry, typo.  166CC should have been 1D6CC.

I was actually looking at the Unicode 5.1 character data base,
but the copy I keep on my own machine is the 4.0.0 version,
and those mathematical symbols were there back in 4.0.0.

> I still suspect it would not be outside the pale to make λ a
> keyword.  We already have several, after all.

I'd rather not have to write \x as λ x with a space required after the
λ.
I suspect that "λ is the lambda-symbol iff it is not preceded by any
identifier character and is not followed by a Greek letter" might work.