[Haskell-cafe] Re: Endianess

Dan Weston westondan at imageworks.com
Wed May 14 14:34:51 EDT 2008

Henning Thielemann wrote:

> On Tue, 13 May 2008, Achim Schneider wrote:
>
>> Jed Brown <jed at 59A2.org> wrote:
>>
>>> It's not that simple with bits.  They lack consistency just like the
>>> usual US date format and the way Germans read numbers.
>>>
>> So you claim that you pronounce 14 tenty-four? In German pronunciation
>> is completely uniform from 13 to 99.
>
> http://www.verein-zwanzigeins.de/

So I've always wondered, if you are writing down a number being dictated
(slowly) by someone else, like 234, do you write the 2, then leave space
and write the 4, then go back and fill in with 3? Or do you push the 4
onto the stack until the 3 arrives, and write 34 at once.

If the latter, does this imply that Germans have a harder time with tail
recursion?