[Haskell-cafe] Richer (than ascii) notation for haskell source?

Alec Berryman alec at thened.net
Wed May 14 10:16:30 EDT 2008

Patrick Surry on 2008-05-14 09:43:44 -0400:

> Probably a silly question, but for me one of the nice things about
> Haskell is that it's a lot like just writing math(s).  But in contrast
> to math you lose a lot of notational flexibility being limited to the
> ascii character set in your source code.

If you use emacs, there's some code that will display arbitrary
words/symbols as Greek letters or math symbols:

It's cute.  It won't replace the actual text, just what's displayed, so
if you need to share your code with someone else, they'll still be able
to use it.