[Haskell-cafe] Endianess (was Re: GHC predictability)

Aaron Denney wnoise at ofb.net
Tue May 13 14:35:57 EDT 2008

On 2008-05-12, Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:
> (Stupid little-endian nonsense... mutter mutter...)

I used to be a big-endian advocate, on the principle that it doesn't
really matter, and it was standard network byte order.  Now I'm
convinced that little endian is the way to go, as bit number n should
have value 2^n, byte number n should have value 256^n, and so forth.

Yes, in human to human communication there is value in having the most
significant bit first.  Not really true for computer-to-computer
communication.

--
Aaron Denney
-><-