[Haskell-cafe] saner shootout programs

Richard Kelsall r.kelsall at millstream.com
Mon May 12 07:38:57 EDT 2008

J C wrote:
> If anyone has a version of the N-body benchmark, where the simulation
> is a type-safe pure function, I would very much like to see and time
> it.

Hello JC, I think you've set yourself a challenge there :) Welcome to
Haskell programming. Taking a Shootout entry and playing with it is
a great way to learn Haskell. The Shootout provides an example in your
favourite previous language for comparison and a small well defined
program with exact test results you can pit your wits against. Fame
awaits you for a fast and beautiful entry. I'm still learning useful
things from the Fasta benchmark. It's surprising how many interesting
things you can discover in a small piece of code.

Richard.