[Haskell-cafe] Re: Interesting critique of Haskell

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Fri May 9 10:02:05 EDT 2008

Darrin Thompson wrote:
> 2008/5/8 Donnie Jones <donnie at darthik.com>:
>> I would be interested to see an article on Haskell in the same light as this
>> Ocaml article, aka a constructive criticism of Haskell.
> http://www.drmaciver.com/2008/02/tell-us-why-your-language-sucks/

Impressive. He thought of a whole bunch of stuff I hadn't thought of.

While I'm here - I'm aware of how you control importing [or not] from
the Prelude. Is there a way that I can, for example, import all the
stuff like the basic types, classes, etc., but *not* all the
list-related stuff? Or is the Prelude not that modular?