[Haskell-cafe] Re: I am new to haskell

Bjorn Buckwalter bjorn.buckwalter at gmail.com
Thu May 8 15:48:06 EDT 2008

Ambrish Bhargava <bhargava.ambrish <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Hi All,I am new to Haskell. Can anyone guide me how can I start on it (Like
getting binaries, some tutorials)?Thanks in advance.-- Regards,Ambrish Bhargava

Ambrish,

When I started learning Haskell I had no previous exposure to functional
programming. The sources I found most useful were Hal Daume III's "Yet Another
Haskell Tutorial" and Eric Etheridge's "Haskell Tutorial for C Programmers",
both linked to from the tutorials wiki page:

  http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Tutorials

I found the "Gentle Introduction..." mentioned elsewhere in this thread to be
not-so-gentle as described on the tutorials wiki page. I'd avoid it unless
you're already comfortable with functional programming.

Good luck!

-Bjorn