[Haskell-cafe] Induction (help!)

PR Stanley prstanley at ntlworld.com
Tue May 6 05:34:54 EDT 2008

Hi
I don't know what it is that I'm not getting where mathematical
induction is concerned. This is relevant to Haskell so I wonder if
any of you gents could explain in unambiguous terms the concept please.
The wikipedia article offers perhaps the least obfuscated definition
I've found so far but I would still like more clarity.
The idea is to move onto inductive proof in Haskell. First, however,
I need to understand the general mathematical concept.

Top marks for clarity and explanation of technical terms.
	 Thanks
Paul