[Haskell-cafe] [GSoC] X Haskell bindings

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 15:23:23 EDT 2008

I've been looking into to this a bit myself, and have had trouble with
the fact that the XML descriptions of the protocol are extremely
C-centric.  As in, the union types defined in the XML are C-unions,
and I've seen a struct definition which uses padding-bytes to store
semantically useful data.

Both of which are fine things to do in C, but a bit tricky to map onto Haskell.

You should still be able to generate a large amount of data-types and
serializing/deserializing code automatically.

As for code generation, Language.Haskell.Syntax paired with
Language.Haskell.Pretty is a pretty good way to do it, from what I can
tell.