[Haskell-cafe] Web server libraries

Paul Brown paulrbrown+haskell-cafe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 17:33:33 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:26 PM, John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> wrote:
>  What I really want is some sort of simple tool that supports FastCGI
>  or some such, has basic support for form data input validation and
>  marshalling to/from Haskell types, and basic control flow.
>  So I've looked around a bit at the landscape.  Any recommendations?

Your assessment of FastCGI is on, but it's not that difficult to get
the validation/unmarshalling that you want out of a little work with
Read/Show, since the flow would be something like this on every pass:

bag of name/value pairs -> Haskell structure -> IO (e.g., to db) -> Html

The HAppS approach to laying out URL space is nice, and I whipped up
something relatively ugly but quick using Parsec.

paulrbrown at gmail.com
http://mult.ifario.us/