[Haskell-cafe] HTTP client libraries

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 16:00:20 EDT 2008

Hi

>  * tagsoup
>
>   Broken in many ways.  Does not support chunked encoding that is
>   mandated by HTTP RFC.  Will be incompatible with numerous HTTP
>   servers, and the manual states as much.  Port 80 hardcoded.

I'd just like to stress that the one in tagsoup shouldn't be used for
anything! It is only there to be a demo of tagsoup parsing, since
otherwise an HTML parser is a bit dull. The haddock currently says:

"It is very restricted, and it not intended for proper use"

I guess I can make the warning a bit more violent. (And fix the grammar...)

As soon as someone decides what is the answer to your HTTP question,
the one in tagsoup will be removed.

Thanks

Neil