[Haskell-cafe] announce: Glome.hs raytracer

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Wed Mar 26 22:49:35 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 02:33:20PM -0700, Jim Snow wrote:

> -Memory consumption is atrocious: 146 megs to render a scene that's a
> 33k ascii file.  Where does it all go?  A heap profile reports the max
> heap size at a rather more reasonable 500k or so.  (My architecture is
> 64 bit ubuntu on a dual-core amd.)

I haven't looked properly yet, but it looks like something is leaking
memory that shouldn't be. The attached Gloom.hs uses constant memory,
but if you replace the "map" with the commented out "(parMap rnf)" then
the memory use seems to keep increasing, even once it has run display
once and is running it a second or third time.

Thanks
Ian