[Haskell-cafe] Unboxed arrays

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 26 09:27:46 EDT 2008

Roman Cheplyaka wrote:
> * Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> [2008-03-26 12:37:53+0000]
>
>> Any insights here?
>>

> Could Data Parallel Haskell[1] be useful for you?
> It was designed for parallel computation, but it includes unboxed
> arrays, nice list-like syntax and array comprehensions.
>
>   1. http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC/Data_Parallel_Haskell

Mmm, maybe. Does it implement unboxed arrays for arbitrary types?

For that matter, it seems like this NDP stuff has been "in development"
for a seemingly long time now. Does anybody know what the current status
is? (I'm guessing the people working on this are more interested in
working on it than documenting every step of their progress... which
leaves outsiders with the impression that nothing is happening.)