[Haskell-cafe] Terminating GLUT/GLFW programs

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Tue Mar 25 13:11:29 EDT 2008

Indeed, the sample from the website does not close correctly when the window
is closed; you must press the escape key.

This problem has nothing to do with GLFW or the Haskell wrapper, but with
the demo, which does not check if the window gets closed.

I modified the example code on the wiki so it also exits when the window is
closed (the original author might want to check my hack, it's not really
clean).

Of course this is all rather horrible imperative code :) For nicer
alternatives, look at Yampa (the Space Invaders game or the Frag 3D
shooter), or Reactive (which I don't understand yet ;-) and other functional
reactive programming approaches .