[Haskell-cafe] An ugly zip3 problem..

Michael Feathers mfeathers at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 22 08:53:58 EDT 2008

One thing that gets me about this solution.. as I was structuring mine I
noticed that I was ending up with types like FilterWindow3 and functions
like lowPass3.  Inlining does eliminate them, but I wonder whether there
is a good way to structure the computation generically so that it can be
performed with windows of 5 as well as 3.  The cons pattern matching
here would get in the way, and in my original solution, the fact that I
was using tuples got in the way also.

Would Haskell's type system allow you to pass a function of arbitrary
arity, discern its arity, use that information to construct the
appropriate structure for iteration, and then apply it?

Michael

--
Now Playing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsnDdq4V8zg