[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Network.MiniHTTP 0.2

Adam Langley agl at imperialviolet.org
Thu Mar 20 18:26:48 EDT 2008

Since many people are interested in a ByteString HTTP library, here's
network-minihttp 0.2 [1].
  * Has code for both clients and servers
  * HTTP and HTTPS support (the latter is a little shaky, but mostly works)
  * DNS lookups (in the client code) don't block the whole process

The Haddock documentation is at:
http://darcs.imperialviolet.org/minihttp-docs/index.html

Half the interfaces are ill-thought out, and the rest are just as bad.
However, if you send me your ideas for how it should look I'll
certainly consider them.

The major omission at the moment are defensive timeouts for talking to
the network. However, these shouldn't be too hard.

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/network-minihttp-0.2

--
Adam Langley agl at imperialviolet.org http://www.imperialviolet.org