[Haskell-cafe] ANN: The Disciplined Disciple Compiler - alpha 1

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 16:44:37 EDT 2008

On 3/20/08, Ben Lippmeier <Ben.Lippmeier at anu.edu.au> wrote:

>  Hi Wolfgang,
>  Rest assured it really is a Haskell project. Apart from the way it
>  does field projections, DDC will compile a significant number of
>  Haskell programs with no modifications.

Can you elaborate on "a significant number of Haskell programs"? Do
you expect that DDC can compile any Haskell (98?) program except some
weird corner cases, or are you aware of a particular class of Haskell
programs it currently can't compile?

(I'm asking in order to find out whether DDC would potentially be
useful for my work, not so as to question whether it should be on
haskell.org (I don't care about that :-))

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://cs.pdx.edu/~tjc * Often in error, never in doubt
"It's easy to consider women more emotional than men when you don't