[Haskell-cafe] type families, fun deps, lattices imposed on/by types

Isto Aho iahogsp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 15:26:50 EDT 2008

Hi & thanks for your answers Manuel,

Using your idea of separating the lattice and conversion from the
> definition of multiplication, you can at least save yourself the class
> instances:

Ok

  type family Join a b :: *

Aah, meet and join but of course - memory memory memory seems
to get easily corrupted... :)

is more flexible, as I am sure there are other applications, where we
> don't want a lattice, but some other structure.

Yes, and then there can be cases where we don't know exactly, what we want
or there are situations where two almost but not identical structures are
needed.

   http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~pls/thesis/aja-thesis.pdf

Thanks again! I'll try to read it quite soon.

--
br,
Isto