[Haskell-cafe] Dynamic typing makes you more productive?

Fraser Wilson blancolioni at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 12:55:41 EDT 2008

I find it interesting that "change" is equated with "maintenance".  I would
say that maintenance is a very small subset of change.  It's true that you
can change a program in a dynamically typed language more easily, in the
same way that changes are easier to make if you don't use source control and
everybody shares the same source folder.

Changes that improve things, however, are more tricky.  And as you say, a
large multiple developer, dynamically typed project sounds like a disaster.

(Of course, I don't have to tell any of you this)

cheers,
Fraser.