[Haskell-cafe] Converting image2PS function

iliali16 iliali16 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 11:00:31 EDT 2008

Hi guys again just want to ask you I have this function ready

-- Creates a Postscript file from an Image
-- page shows -200 <= x <= 200, 300 <= y <= 300
-- boundaries, plus origin plotted on output
image2PS:: Image -> String -> IO()
image2PS (Image contents) filename =
  writeFile filename (header++contents++footer)
  where
    header = unlines
      ["%!PS-Adobe-3.1"
      ,"%%BoundingBox: 100 125 500 725"
      ,"%%PageOrder: Ascend"
      ,"%%Pages: 1"
      ,"%%BeginDocument"
      ,"%%Page: 1 1"
      ,"100 125 moveto 500 125 lineto 500 725 lineto 100 725 lineto
closepath gsave stroke grestore clip"
      ,"275 425 moveto 50 0 rlineto stroke"
      ,"300 400 moveto 0 50 rlineto stroke"
      ]
    footer = unlines
      ["showpage"
      ,"%%EndDocument"
      ]

but when I use it for example

image2PS spiral iliali

it tells me that the iliali is undefined. What do you thing how should I use
it. Thanks in advance!

PS: I need to know how this works so that I make a similar function that
converts logo2PS since I have a Logo spiral and I want to see it in
PostScript. Thanks again!