[Haskell-cafe] An offer to any haskell projects out there.

Hans van Thiel hthiel.char at zonnet.nl
Thu Mar 13 08:07:23 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 18:46 -0400, michael at schmong.org wrote:
> Hello,
> 	My name is Michael Litchard. I'm a techie living in silicon
> 	valley, and I want to move into tech writing. I've got the
> 	background, now I need a portfolio. I figured the best way to go
> 	is to attach myself to some open source projects, and haskell
> 	has had my heart for a few years now. I am by no means an expert
> 	at haskell. My expertise is writing. So I make this offer.
> 	If you need documentation written for your haskell project, I'm
> 	your man. Whatever it is, I'll write it or edit it. Thanks for
> 	your time.
>
> 	P.S
> 	If this was the wrong list, or if anyone has other ideas
> 	about how to propogate my proposal, please let me know.
>
> 	Michael
Hello Michael,

I agree that improving the docs for (some) standard libraries would be
the most helpful. However, specializing in a special project would
probably be better, if it's a visible portfolio you want. Have you
thought of writing a tutorial on one of the HackageDB libraries, for
example,database connectivity, XML processing, or even Cabal itself?
That would be useful, and give you a clear cut deliverable too.
http://www.gordonandgordon.com/aboutus.html is a web site with some good
info on technical writing, and the differences between sdk
documentation, white papers and technical marketing. All of which would
be useful to the Haskell community, IMO, but that's a personal view.

Best Regards,

Hans van Thiel