[Haskell-cafe] Reminder: 4th Haskell Hackathon, April 11-13 in Gothenburg

Bjorn Bringert bjorn at bringert.net
Wed Mar 12 13:46:25 EDT 2008

4th Haskell Hackathon
April 11-13, 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden

Sponsored by Credit Suisse and Galois.

This is a reminder to register for the 4th Haskell Hackathon.

The event will be held over 3 days, April 11-13, at
Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden.

== NEWS ==

* Lunches and at least one dinner for the Hackathon attendees will be
provided through our generous sponsors Credit Suisse and Galois.

* If you plan to start a new project on community.haskell.org, please
request an account and project in advance, so as to save valuable
Hackathon time. See http://community.haskell.org/admin/ for more

== What it is ==

The plan is to hack on Haskell infrastructure, tools, libraries and
compilers. To attend please register, and get ready to hack those

Code to hack on:

* Hackage
* Cabal
* Porting foreign libraries
* Bug squashing
* You decide!

Before you attend, do start thinking and familiarizing yourself with 1
or 2 projects you wish to work on, to ensure no wasted effort during the
Hackathon. A list of possible projects is available on the website.

== Registration ==

We ask that you register your interest. Follow the instructions on the
registration page:

Once you've registered, do add your info to the attendees
self-organizing page,

if you are looking to share costs, or meet up prior to the hackathon,
with other attendees.

N.B. if you already expressed interest via the wiki, do confirm by
registering `officially' anyway.

== Important dates ==

    Hackathon:                  April 11-13, 2008

== Organizers ==

Björn Bringert (local)
Thomas Schilling (local)
Lennart Kolmodin (local)