[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: wxHaskell 0.10.3 rc1

Jeremy O'Donoghue jeremy.odonoghue at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 05:50:21 EDT 2008

We are pleased to announce the first release candidate of wxHaskell
0.10.3.

This is the first update with binary packages available since June 2005,
and is the result of a great deal of work by a new team of contributors.

We are hoping to make a full release shortly, and issues and bug reports
either through the wxHaskell user mailing list
(wxhaskell-users at sourceforge.net) or via the Sourceforge bug tracker
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=73133&atid=536845).

Highlights of 0.10.3 rc1 include:

- Support for Unicode builds of wxWidgets
- Support for additional widgets including calendar, toolbar divider,
styled text control (wxScintilla), media control
- Support for clipboard, drag and drop
- Support for 64bit (Linux) targets
- Support for wxWidgets 2.6.x (support for wxWidgets 2.4.2 retained if
you compile from source)
- Support for building with GHC 6.6.x and 6.8.x
- Parts of wxHaskell are now built with Cabal
- New test cases
- Removed support GHC version < 6.4
- Profiling support
- Smaller generated binary sizes (using --split-objs)

Binary packages are available from the wxHaskell download site at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=73133, for the
following platforms:

- Debian
- Windows
- OS X (Intel and PPC platforms)
- Source code .tar.gz and .zip
- Documentation (cross-platform)

About wxHaskell

wxHaskell is a Haskell binding to the wxWidgets GUI library. It provides
a native look and feel on Windows, OS X and Linux, and a medium level
programming interface.

The main project page for wxHaskell is at
http://wxhaskell.sourceforge.net.
The latest source code for wxHaskell can always be obtained from
http://darcs.haskell.org/wxhaskell.
There are developer (wxhaskell-devel at lists.sourceforge.net and user
at http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/WxHaskell which can provide more
information to those interested.

wxHaskell was originally created by Daan Leijen. The contributors to
this new release include:

- Eric Kow
- shelarcy
- Arie Middelkoop