[Haskell-cafe] Build dependency problem with bytestring.

Jon Strait jstrait at moonloop.net
Fri Mar 7 00:18:55 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm upgrading HAppS from my 0.9.2 to the current in Hackage.
Some HAppS components have built and installed (IxSet and Util).
Halfway through the HAppS-State build, the GHC runtime linker gives a
fatal error on finding a duplicate definition for symbol fps_minimum
while loading bytestring after having already loaded bytestring  From trial and error, I'm guessing that HAppS-State needs but one of its build dependencies was built with
Using GHC 6.8.2 Linux here.

Any suggestions on how best to currently approach this situation?