[Haskell-cafe] .cabal problem

Adam Langley agl at imperialviolet.org
Sat Mar 1 21:02:04 EST 2008

2008/3/1 Galchin Vasili <vigalchin at gmail.com>:
>     I am trying to install a package on my Linux Ubuntu machine. It chokes
> build-depends:  base, directory because directory dependency is
> unresolvable. Do I have to specify "extra-libs" so that correct library
> space is searched? Actually I tried this and it didn't help. ??

So, here's[1] the package "directory", however it ships with GHC, so
you very probably already have it installed. Try `ghc-pkg describe
directory` to check. Also, run `ghc --version` to see what version of
GHC you are running. If it's < 6.8, you may have problems because the
directory package didn't exist before then, I believe the same modules
were in the base package. In that case, the easy solution is probably
to upgrade GHC.

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/directory-1.0.0.0

AGL

--