[Haskell-cafe] Access to Oracle database from Haskell

Steve Lihn stevelihn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 09:49:25 EDT 2008

Oracle OCI interface is quite different between 7/8 and 9/10. And 10
is different from 9 in some respect. I don't know much about 11.
Oracle 10.2.0.3 is a stable release, but there are some major server
bugs in it, that Oracle had to release 10.2.0.4. I'd recommend Haskell
community to focus on 10.2.0.x release. It should be good for another
2-3 years. It is too risky to venture into 11.

That said, there is a large enterprise user base that will find
Haskell useful if it works with Oracle DB (particularly on linux).