[Haskell-cafe] Re: Bit Streams

Adam Langley agl at imperialviolet.org
Thu Jun 19 12:34:06 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Evan Laforge <qdunkan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Inclusion in the official Data.Binary would be nice, especially if it
> could be a drop-in replacement, say by changing the Data.Binary
> instance definitions to Strict.Binary or something.

I have a class defined to abstract the various Get monads, i.e. you
can write generic code which will work over a strict get, or an
incremental (continuation based) get.

I don't have the same for put yet. The trick is to make it so that it
doesn't end up with any runtime cost. dons would not be happy if I
took his highly tuned binary library and made it slow :)

AGL

--
Adam Langley agl at imperialviolet.org http://www.imperialviolet.org