[Haskell-cafe] Re: Compiling large code with old machine

Dominic Steinitz dominic.steinitz at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jun 18 03:17:07 EDT 2008

Samuel Silva <silva.samuel <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello
>
> I'm using GHC to compile around 700K of Haskell Code generated by HaXml.
> How I compile this code.
> My machine is Windows-XP(512MB RAM, 1.5GHz) running GHC-6.8.2.

Samuel,

You may not want to take this approach. I'm assuming you are generating
haskell types from a (large) DTD. I went this way (admittedly quite a few
years ago) for svg. In the end it was much easier to hand generate a few
combinators to produced the svg. I don't know what your application is but it
may worth thinking about an alternative to 700k loc.

Dominic.