[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Mueval 0.3

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 22:41:38 EDT 2008

Hiya everyone. So I've uploaded Mueval 0.3 (release early, release often) <http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/mueval-0.3>.

What's new? Well, I changed the printing output to be cleaner, and I made printing the inferred type optional (through a --print-type flag). In addition, I've made sure it can run (for me, at least) under -N4, and the watchdog threads should be sturdier. (Plus extra tests.)

However, I've been hearing that a number of people (3 at last count) have been having a lot of trouble with the ResourceLimits stuff.

So, I have a few requests of people who install mueval:
* First, does it work out of the box, with no tweaking of the resource limits?
* Second, if it doesn't work out of the box, which resource limits did you need to disable or increase?
* Thirdly, if you changed the resource limits, could you run ./build.sh and tell me whether all the tests pass?

Finally, I've been pondering removing the rlimits entirely since they are both very unportable, empirically derived, and apparently don't even work consistently on Linux. Any thoughts?

--
gwern
PABX MEMEX 868 1* TSCI @ shelter Yukon el ASLET