[Haskell-cafe] Design suggestion for Data.Binary.Defer

Nicolas Pouillard nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 16:47:10 EDT 2008

Excerpts from David Roundy's message of Tue Jun 17 20:27:01 +0200 2008:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 07:55:51AM +0100, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hello!

Hello,

> :( Lazy reading seems to
> require strict writing, while lazy writing requires strict reading!

I'm wondering if it would be an option to read the file backward. If so
length annotations could be put at the end.

Reading  backward  seems  to  only fail with streamed data, which won't support
the "seek"ing required by a lazy reading anyway.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Pouillard aka Ertai