[Haskell-cafe] Lambda and closures in PHP -- could someone please comment?

PR Stanley prstanley at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 17 13:46:51 EDT 2008

Blimey! Talk about rearranging the deckchairs :-)
With respect, do you not think it'd be wiser for the community to
deal with a total lack of proper type checking, the lack of any
notion of the general concept of a function, or a whole range of
other fundamental issues in PHP first before worrying about closures
and lambda functions?  I'm no language purist but PHP really does
take the biscuit.
My personal views and not in any way representing the list .
Paul