[Haskell-cafe] OT: Paper on increasing entropy in software systems

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun Jun 15 02:52:49 EDT 2008

This is wildly off topic, but since the Haskell community is a rather
academic one I thought there might be a good chance to find someone who
can point me in the right direction.

I was just listening to Brooks' talk at OOPSLA 2007 and in the Q&A part
at the end he mentions a paper on increasing entropy in software
systems.  He mentions the authors' names but I can't quite make it out
and Google hasn't been very helpful either.  He says the paper “must be
30 years old” and it sounds like he says it's by Les Bellati and Manny
Leimann (Lehmann?).  As I said, I can't quite make out the names, and
the names ring no bells for me.  Does anyone on the list know what paper
he's referring to?

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

What if I don't want to obey the laws? Do they throw me in jail with
the other bad monads?
     -- Daveman