[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANN: random-access-list-0.1

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:50:05 EDT 2008

Chaddaï Fouché wrote:
> Given that this structure isn't lazy enough, I really don't see a
> problem with using Int (any random access list with a size that needs an
> Integer would blow the memory anyway...).

Bad way to think about things.  The implications of using Int as the
result type of a function extend far beyond just storing the result
type.  They also include doing other computations that depend on the
result type, and with enough type inference, the broken Int type
propogates throughout the program.

--
Chris