[Haskell-cafe] Data.Map traversal.

Serguey Zefirov s_zefirov at ipmce.ru
Sat Jun 7 09:32:46 EDT 2008

I found that I often need predecessor and successor of some key in
Data.Map.Map. Just like that:

predKey, succKey :: Ord k => Data.Map.Map k a -> k -> Maybe k
predKeyElem, succKeyElem :: Ord k => Data.Map.Map k a -> k -> Maybe (k,a)

Data.Map has operations like that on key indexes, but it is slightly
unnatural to work with three entities (index, key and element) where two

So I propose to include those operations into next version of Data.Map.
If anyone could point me in the right direction I could do any necessary
modifications myself (just because I need it).