[Haskell-cafe] Re: How would you hack it?

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Thu Jun 5 06:51:42 EDT 2008

Henning Thielemann <lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:

> Sounds like a generator for scientific articles. :-)
> Maybe
>    http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/markov-chain
>  can be of help for you. It's also free of randomIO.

I once invented this, though ungeneralised, for a map generator of a
RTS... the river always went from the left to the right, at approximate
the middle of the map, its direction being dependant on its current
offset from that middle, its width (that is, a wide river can bend
upwards and downwards more than one tile) and a random factor. You can
also express this using a markoff chain.

signature prohibited.