[Haskell-cafe] How would you hack it?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 00:24:10 EDT 2008

Hello Andrew,

> However, if you can find me a source that explains what a "Markov chain"
> actually *is*, I'd be quite interested.

*afaik*, the idea is simple: order-1 Markov chain is just text
generated with respect of probability of each char, and order-n is a
text generated using probability of each char in context of previous
n-1 chars. you just need to gather stats using previous papers :)

you can use this idea both to generate new naturally-looking words and
to gather stats about words itself and generate naturally-looking
sentences

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com