[Haskell-cafe] What is the maturity of Haskell Web Frameworks

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Wed Jun 4 16:11:53 EDT 2008

s.clover:

> >hvac sounds interesting but at that time at least it was not clear
> >whether it was stable or would continue to be maintained.
> >
> >xhtml and HStringTemplate were overkill for what I wanted, so I
> >wound up
> >just using the FastCGI and CGI toolkits themselves.  They are
> >surprisingly nice, and with a little bit of wrappers around them for
> >things like validating forms, have worked exceptionally well.
> >

> I'm in a position now where I can make a reasonable promise that hvac
> will not only be maintained but undergoing continued development. I
> just, for example, hooked in some basic postgresql support yesterday
> (although the changes are not tested/pushed to the repo yet).
> (Speaking of which, I noticed that the HDBC postgresql bindings don't
> set seState on an error -- is this intentional, or something that
> should be fixed up?)

Sterling,

Would you like to add some text on hvac and your other web libs
to our web programming wiki/faq,

    http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Practical_web_programming_in_Haskell

Ideally, in a few months time, with enough additions, the full
story will be covered on this wiki page, and it will be a great
boon to developers wanting to work in Haskell, in this hot area.

-- Don